I got a lot of questions about my dinner post from last night so I decided to do a quick "How To"
I call it a how to because it's not so much a recipe as a guide to making a similar (or the same!) dinner.
My trick is that I make the sweet potato in advance on a night where I know I have other dinner options. That way, when it comes time to make my stuffed sweet potato, I don't have to wait for the potato itself to cook.
- A large sweet potato- trick, if you're making for more than one person figure half a potato per person as a side dish or a full potato per person as a meal
- Half a cup of broccoli florets
- 3 large white mushrooms, diced
- 2 pieces of asparagus
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese
Optional toppings- fresh avocado, salsa, guacamole, hot sauce
You can also add or subtract any of the toppings I chose. Add in some ground turkey or chicken if you want to add in some additional protein even.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Cut your already cook baked potato in half, put aside
- In medium frying pan, bring 1/2 inch of salted water to low simmer. Turn down your heat and add in the broccoli and asparagus. Cook your veggies for 4-5 minutes tops until they are cooked, but still crisp. Remove from heat
- Place your sweet potato on a sheet pan. Layer on the diced mushrooms. Then add on the broccoli and asparagus. Add salt and pepper then top with your shredded cheese
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melty and the potato is heated all the way through