The third veggie from Sunday’s meal prep was a new recipe for me. I had bought ginger to make an asian inspired seared tuna, but then couldn’t find any fresh tuna. Instead of accepting the fail and because I was still in the mood for those Asian flavours, I decided to use them on the veggies I had picked up instead. The results were a delicious ginger and sesame oil roasted broccoli. The recipe only calls for a few ingredients, and takes roughly 15-20 minutes of cook time.
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, minced finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cut the broccoli into medium size pieces, and toss in your sauce until evenly coated. Lay your broccoli out onto a baking sheet and put into the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping your broccoli over halfway.
- **Keep on eye on your broccoli after the first flip. It chars very easily so you don’t want to burn it.